Although the upgradability here is spot on, we see it as a subtle downgrade from last year.
1. Remove the bottom plate
In order to take this device’s bottom panel off, you need to undo 11 Phillips-head screws. After that carefully pry your way around the panel, and gently lift it. Don’t be too hasty, though, because you need to unclip the LED strip ribbon cables.
When it comes to the battery, ASUS has made sure you get the same 90Wh package, they put in the larger 17-inch model.
3. Memory and storage
Thankfully, the upgradability is on point here, with two RAM SODIMM slots, which support up to 64GB of DDR4 memory in dual-channel. Also, you get two M.2 NVMe slots for storage.
4. Cooling system
Looking at the cooling setup, we see a total of six heat pipes. One common for the CPU and the GPU, two more for each of them, and one dedicated to the VRMs and the graphics memory. All of them go to four heat spreaders.
ASUS ROG Strix G15 (G513) in-depth review
Although it launched side by side with its 17-inch sibling, we were able to snatch a ROG Strix G15 G513 just now. And to be honest, it doesn't feel a whole lot different. In fact, it is a smaller version of the same laptop and packs pretty much the same features. This includes AMD's latest and greatest from the processor world, with the Zen 3 chips proving to be absolute units when it comes to sheer power. Also, there are some very capable variants of the RTX 3000 graphics cards, such as the[...]Read the full review
- Good performance from the CPU with a very low temperature under stress (thanks to the pre-applied liquid metal)
- There are two M.2 PCIe slots, two RAM SODIMM slots (up to 64GB of RAM in total) + it supports Wi-Fi 6
- Covers 98% of the sRGB color gamut and has accurate color representation with our Gaming and Web design profile (Sharp LQ156M1JW25)
- Snappy 300Hz panel with quick response times (Sharp LQ156M1JW25)
- RGB all around the place
- Very good battery life
- Its GPU gets pretty toasty during gameplay
- Tiny Arrow keys
- No SD card slot and Thunderbolt support