Huawei announced Maimang 5 / G9 – specs and price
Huawei announced another new smartphone. In China, where it was presented, the phone will be named Maimang 5 but for the rest of the world it will be called Huawei G9 probably since Maimang 4 used to be known as Huawei G8.
The specs sheet includes a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display, Snapdragon 625 mobile CPU that includes eight Cortex-A53 cores ticking at 2 GHz, 3 or 4 GB of RAM and 32 or 64 GB of internal storage. Additionally, the main 16MP camera has a dual LED flash and 4K video recording. On the front, there is an 8MP selfie camera. The 3340 mAh battery is a good achievеment for the thin 7.3 mm body and weight of 160 grams. Also, G9 comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow along with Huawei’s UI. You will also find a metal construction, fingerprint scanner, and three color options.
The 4GB/64GB version will be released in China on 21st July at the price of 2599 CNY, which is around 350 USD. Currently available is the predecessor of the new model – Huawei G8:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS dispay with 2.5D glass
- 8-core 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 652 14nm processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage
- 128GB microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow с EMUI 4.1
- 16MP rear camera with OIS, 4K video revording
- 8MP front camera
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/A-GPS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 3340 mAh battery