Quick look at Fitbit Alta – design, functions and first impressions
The new Fitbit Alta fitness tracker is now available on the market in different sizes and colors. This fascinating device is in our hands and we can share our quick look at its functions and later expand into a full review.
Fitbit Alta features a metal body and rubber band, which is easily replaceable with a spare band that can match the color of your clothes or suit your preference. It pins on securely and will not fall off for sure, but you may feel a slight wobbling of the main body. The band itself has 11 wholes which makes it suitable for every wrist size. Putting it on your hand yourself may be a bit difficult because the two pins are not so easy to go through the holes. What is good about this is that once in, they will securely hold the band around your wrist. The weight of 29 grams makes Fitbit Alta part of your body that you can hardly sense.
Another curious detail is the charger – a kind of small clip that tightly holds the body of the fitness tracker, and its other end can be connected to your computer’s USB port, for example. In this way you don’t need any long cables or complicated procedures – the charging is easy, and according to the manufacturer a single charge should ensure at least five days of battery life.
To power up the bracelet you will have to download the Fitbit app and make a few easy steps which also include the creation of your profile. The data on Fitbit Alta will be synchronized with the app where you will be able to receive detailed information with good layout. Also, you will be able to monitor the number of steps you’ve made, the distance you’ve walked, burned calories and the time of your activity. All these results can be displayed in charts, so that you will be able to follow your achievements and progress. You are able to check the statistics from months ago. Furthermore, with this app you can set the weight you want to reach and monitor the calorie balance in your body, and thus create a diet for your purpose or follow your hydration, where you will also have a target to reach.
To make sports activities even more interesting, Fitbit has created different challenges in which you can compete with your friends (from 2 to 10 people). A possible challenge may be on the number of steps you will make for a day. You receive badges for your accomplishments which you can post in the social networks. In case you do not move for a given time period, Fitbit Alta will remind you that it’s time to do so. More information about this fitness tracker you can find in the upcoming review.
- Tracks your activity throughout the entire day – it tracks steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- Helps you have a healthier lifestyle by reminding you to be active
- SmartTrack™ – auto recognition and recording of activities
- Calls, text and calendar notifications
- Auto sleep tracking, overview of sleep duration and quality
- Watch – different modes of displaying time
- Silent alarm with vibration
- OLED Tap Display – display activation with a gentle tap
- 3-axis accelerometer
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery: Lithium Polymer; 2 hours charging time
- Big dimensions – 17 – 20.6 cm
- 5 days of battery life from a single charge
- 30 days memory of the activity
- Rain, sprays and sweat resistance
- Fitbit app for monitoring of results
- Automatic and wireless sync with computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices via Bluetooth 4.0
- Compatibility: Windows Vista, Mac OS X 10.6+, iPhone 4S or newer, iPad 3 gen. or newer, leading Android and Windows devices