By getting this device, you receive a very powerful CPU and more than decent upgrade options.
1. Remove the bottom plate
To get inside of this device, you need to undo 9 captive Phillips-head screws. Then, carefully pry the bottom panel with a plastic tool, and remove it from the body.
As you can see, Dell has supplied this notebook with a huge 97Wh battery.
3. Мemory and storage
There are two RAM SODIMM slots that support up to 64GB of memory in total. Additionally, you get two M.2 PCIe x4 slots, one of which supports Gen 4 drives.
4. Cooling system
As for the cooling, you get two rather beefy heat pipes cooling both the CPU and the GPU. Then, the heat gets dissipated by a side-mounted heat sink and a pretty large fan.
Dell Precision 15 3561 in-depth review
With the latest Tiger Lake-H45 processor, we seem to be getting proper mobile workstations now. Today, we have the Dell Precision 15 3561, which is probably one of the best devices in this world when it comes to price/performance ratio. So, what is so special about this device. Well, the answer is pretty easy - precisely the Tiger Lake processors we were talking about. Dell offers the notebook with up to the Core i9-11950H. It is interesting to see how the cooling solution will perform, thou[...]Read the full review
- Great upgradability + PCIe Gen 4 support
- Lack of PWM (BOE V3NPM-NV15N6B (BOE093E))
- 97% of sRGB coverage and accurate color representation with our profiles (BOE V3NPM-NV15N6B (BOE093E))
- Good input devices
- Great battery life
- Optional IR face recognition, fingerprint reader, and LTE support
- Thunderbolt 4 + MicroSD card slot
- Cooling can't cope with the CPU
- All-plastic build (although of not bad quality)
- Not the best choice if you need a lot of graphics power