Inside Dell Latitude 15 5531 – disassembly and upgrade options
The Latitude 15 5531 is truly exceptional in terms of its upgradability. You are treated to dual-channel DDR5 memory, as well as RAID support, and more. Have a look!
Dell Latitude 5531
- Intel Core i5-12600H
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 (80EU)
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB SSD
1. Remove the bottom plate
To get inside this notebook, you need to undo 9 Phillips-head screws. Then, pry the bottom panel with a plastic tool and remove it from the chassis.
Our unit comes with the smaller of two battery options. It has a capacity of 64Wh and lasts for more than 10 hours of Web browsing, or nearly 9 hours of video playback.
3. Memory and storage
The upgrade options include two SODIMM slots for up to 64GB of GDDR5 memory. In addition, you get two M.2 PCIe x4 slots, which can work in RAID mode, as well as a 2.5-inch SATA drive bay.
4. Cooling system
Here, the cooling comprises two thick heat pipes, shared between the CPU and the GPU. Both the fan and the heat sink have quite a thick profile.
Dell Latitude 15 5531 in-depth review
We have just taken a look at the low-voltage version of this laptop - the Latitude 15 5530. There, we praised it for its environment-conscious build and great feature set. Albeit being largely the same, the Latitude 15 5531 has some key differences from its twin brother. As is with Dell's history of laptop names, the "1" at the end indicates more powerful hardware being used to run it. In this case, they swapped the 15W and 28W Alder Lake chips for some full-blown 45W processors of the same architecture. Needless to say, they are currently the Creme de la Creme of the mobile world. Thanks [...]
- Wide I/O, which includes a MicroSD card reader and 2x Thunderbolt 4 ports
- Two M.2 storage slots with RAID support + 2x DDR5 RAM SODIMM slots
- Fingerprint reader embedded in the power button + optional IR face recognition
- Comfortable keyboard with a backlight
- Good battery life
- Wi-Fi 6E + 5G support (optional)
- GeForce MX550 option + fantastic computational performance
- Covers only 52% of sRGB (BOE 2GMF6-NV15N4V (BOE0928))
- No spill-resistance
- Uses PWM (our Health-Guard profile fixes the issue) (BOE 2GMF6-NV15N4V (BOE0928))