Inside Acer TravelMate P2 (TMP215-53) – disassembly and upgrade options
Acer TravelMate P2 (TMP215-53) is an affordable budget offer with good upgradability options and a decent amount of ports. Let’s see the internals!
Acer TravelMate P2
- Intel Core i3-1115G4
- Intel UHD Graphics Xe G4 (48EU)
- 8GB RAM
- 512GB SSD
1. Remove the bottom plate
Removing the bottom panel isn’t hard at all. You have to undo 12 Phillips-head screws and after that, you can pry the bottom plate with a plastic pry tool.
The battery is a 50Wh unit which seems normal for a budget 15-inch laptop.
3. Memory and storage
Upgradability-wise, the device has a lot to offer for its price. When it comes to memory, the laptop has two RAM SODIMM slots. For storage, it offers an M.2 NVMe slot, and a SATA slot. Not bad for a budget offering like this one here.
4. Cooling system
The cooling solution looks very basic and simple. It has a single fan, one small heat sink, and one heat pipe.
Acer TravelMate P2 (TMP215-53 / TPM215-53G) in-depth review
This time we have in front of us the Acer TravelMate P2 (TMP215-53) and it looks almost identical to the Acer TravelMate P2 (TMP215-52) that we have reviewed in 2020. As a TravelMate device, this one should be a laptop on the go, even Acer is describing it as "for the professional on the road". So, we'll see how portable and capable this device is.In terms of hardware, everything looks alright - we have a bunch of Intel Tiger Lake-UP3 CPUs and some iGPUs for the people who don't need additional graphics power.If you need a more powerful dGPU, there is an optional NVIDIA GeForce MX330 ([...]
- Decent upgradability with two SODIMMs, M.2, and SATA ports
- Keyboard has an optional backlight
- Wide viewing angles and good contrast ratio (BOE NV156FHM-N48)
- Optional fingerprint reader
- Good I/O options and USB Type-C port with DisplayPort and Power Delivery capabilities
- Covers only 50% of sRGB (BOE NV156FHM-N48)
- Uses harmful PWM for all brightness levels, except the maximum (our Health-Guard profile fixes the issue) (BOE NV156FHM-N48)
- The keyboard is mushy